Monday, December 21, 2009

I Did Tell You So...


I think I remember warning him. People never listen or see the signs. I told him I'm not a good person, not the way good is supposed to really be good. I may be fun and exciting, not good, not in a relationship. I'm no good. He says I am a selfish bitch, boy is he right. I'm selfish, not a bitch, selfish and aloof. Yes, that much is true.

Do you remember the apartment with the little front yard and the mini kitchen? It was charming. I'd open the double french doors that led to the front porch so I could smoke long, skinny cigarettes and read. I'd dream about more colorful places, not happier, for I thought I was the happiest.

Do you remember the old Ford Taurus? Yes, the one that stopped responding one day, after many, many days of use, the one that lost its bumper on a curve once, the one with the big, bag seat. That car was an adventure, an adventure similar to us. We were sturdy, trustworthy, a little off yet completely spot on.

I think I remember it clearly... Perhaps not clear enough... Now I have my own signs to read. Now I have to open my eyes...


*Currently listening to Heartbeats (live at Parke Ave) by Jose Gonzalez*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you may here...