Monday, February 8, 2010

The Beginning & Some More

The first time I had sex I was 17 years old. I was a month away from turning 18 so when I tell the story I usually just say I was 18. It doesn’t make a difference; I don’t know why I put it that way.

He was tall; his body was lean and defined, the kind of body that is simply that way. He had a beautiful smile. My parents were out of town visiting our old country home and I was home alone.

He asked if he could spend the night with me. He was leaving the country the next day, for a year, to live as an exchange student. I said yes. I knew what was coming. He followed me to my room and we undressed. It all lasted about 10 minutes. He was gentle but diligent in his conquest. I didn’t climax. He said it was wonderful. I thought: ‘Gee, sex is overrated’.

The next times were much better. It didn’t happen until months later with the boy who was to become my first boyfriend. Now that I look back, the sex wasn’t mind-blowing, we were both inexperienced (I more than him) and we had few moments for ourselves. We were creative though and it was exciting. It was fantastic, not mind blowing but fantastic nonetheless. He was also the first man I ever loved. It was so right.

I haven’t had too many lovers but numbers are relative when it comes to this, I know. I’m far more liberal at sharing kisses than sharing the whole package. Whatever works, right? This has worked for me.

Down the line, there have been great experiences and bland ones. Some I remember vividly. I’ve said to myself, ‘Wow, this is fucking amazing’. I’ve discovered that I love sex. I’ve discovered what my body can feel. I’ve also learned the difference between sex with love and loveless desire. I can say I’ve liked and enjoyed both. Love and sex don’t live together but they visit each other sometimes…

The best thing here: I’m barely turning 30, and this is supposed to be when it all gets better! Better! Since it’s all been so good this far, I’m really excited about EVEN better!



*Currently listening to Blue by We Are Wolves*

3 comments:

  1. Benjamin Franklin wrote much the same in Poor Richards Almanac. 'Advice to a young man'.

    My first was with a catholic girl - we were pretty much together constantly , banging each other whenever we could. As my luck would have it she was into light kink.

    you could even call it pop kink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turner, when will you just let my love for pop kink be?

    Caballo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I

    am thinking its a sign

    that the freckles in our eyes
    are mirror images
    and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned


    and I
    have to speculate
    that god himself
    did make us into corresponding
    shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay

    and true
    it may seem like a stretch
    but its thoughts like these
    that catch my troubled head
    when you're away and I am
    missing you to death

    they will see us waiting from such great heights
    come down now
    they'll say

    but everything looks perfect from far away
    come down now

    but
    we'll stay

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...