Saturday, March 20, 2010

Slow May Be Faster.

I've stayed in all week. It's very unlike me. Usually I'm off on some adventure, testing the waters, probing the city, tasting the flavors of Los Angeles.

At the begining of the week I started to feel it. Since it's been happening so often I immediately recognized it, a cold was coming. I tried taking preventive measures and I stayed in Monday, then Tuesday, took vitamins and stayed warm, by Wednesday it was obvious I was getting sick again, my throat was aching, my head congested, it was coming on strong. Yesterday was the begining of the disaster and I came home early from work, today was a mess. I'm a beautiful mess. Yes I am.

I strongly suspect I have an ear infection. I will be visiting my doctor tomorrow. I can't wait to get this treated.

Furethermore, I can't wait to get to the bottom of this. I've been sick, too strongly, too often. And this time, there's nothing that I wish for more than my good, usual, strong health.

Being healthy means being able to do all the things that I love to do. It means I'll want to dance again, to eat and actually taste, to hear each octave in each instrument in every song, to work hard, at the job that I love and on the goals I've set for myself.

There's no time to waste, and although I may have to slow down and take a break in order to get better, I suspect that once I'm all healthy and pink again, I'll be ready to go.

And all of this will be no more than a lesson. Sometimes you have to take a break and get things right. Sometimes. And if I die, fast won't be important after all.




*Currently listening to 2012 play in the background, there's no music today*

1 comment:

Say what you may here...