Sunday, May 31, 2009

Totally Cool.

I'm vain.

I like it when the gay men in WeHo admire my shoes. I like it when I leave my hair down and people run their hands through it and say 'oh, honey, so pretty'. I like it when the bartender buys my last drink of the night, when the city lights match my smile and when the sounds of Hollywood kiss my soul.

I'm blessed.

When I pick up my favorite blondie every weekend for a new adventure and she flashes that smile at me and we vow to be dangerous I feel a flutter of joy inside of me. When my sister and I break into hysterical laughter over something ridiculous either of us did during the day it is the best sort of fantastic. When my handsome, most stunning, advisor/trainer/best-male-friend tells me all the truths I really need to hear I feel like I'm being cared for.

I ♥ L.A. - Not the Hollywood or West LA area like some Angelenos, or the beach areas for those in it but EVERYTHING L.A. - I love the smells, the millions of restaurants, the art galleries, the party people, the plastics, the poor, the rich, the hipsters, the sounds on each freeway, the tunes on each street, the hippies, the fashionistas, the aristocratic, the want-to-be actors/musicians, the want-to-be-gangstas and everything in between. I love Fred 62's after dancing at a Hollywood Club all night and riding my bike from Santa Monica to Venice beach, I crave everything in the Farmer's Market at The Grove and look forward to quiet lunches at Solar de Cahuenga. I enjoy blasting my stereo while stuck in L.A. traffic. I like Happy Hour at Grandville and shopping in Melrose and scoping new places with my favorite peeps...

I have found home. Finally.

*Currently listening to Un Amor, Gipsy Kings*

7 comments:

  1. My dearest fashion diva you fokin Rock N Roll! we have plenty of adventures to come! Te Amo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought the comment was Rachel's... Mauro, yo tambien te amo, te adoro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd agree, you and LA were made for each other. Sadly, Seattle and I don't see eye-to-eye, but is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ Seattle too... Very different from L.A. but I have to definitely say I enjoyed my visits there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know whats really fun? Get these circular bumper stickers, like with a white borderless edge on them - that have pictures of screws or forks on them.

    then go up to these people who have bumperstickers that say

    [ I ♥ MY DOG ]

    Or something like that? and stick them over the heart symbol and they drive around for like. two weeks all over their neighborhood with a bumpersticker that says.

    [I {screw} MY DOG ]

    heh heh. or maybe I (fork) my dog..

    [I ψ MY DOG ]


    -=-

    LA is such a great city to drive in ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I enjoyed your visits here, too!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...