Sunday, June 7, 2009

R.I.P. Little Blue.


Oh sadness.

Sundays are church day. Temple/sanctuary, whatever you'd like to call it. Beach day.

Today, it was supposed to be all about Little Blue, the wind and me. Fate had a different plan. Somewhere between the 110 and the 105, Little Blue jumped off the bike rack and onto the freeway. I immediately took her to the doctor, the cheif physician at Helen's Cycles said Little Blue was gone...

This was one of my favorite presents ever received. It was a source of happiness. It was a path to instant joy. Was. Gone...

The end of one love and now the loss of something that was once tied to it. Almost too symbolic. Almost sad.

But when something ends there's something new to start... Watch out bike lanes, I'll be back!

2 comments:

  1. measure yourself, then measure the top tube
    and ask someone at the bike shop what fits your height.

    Get this one: its more versatile.

    http://media.rei.com/media/q/1229162.jpg


    This is the one I want...
    http://ironman.com/thumbs.php?w=290&h=290&i=/articles/2005/imported/h-1139255453.jpg

    I will end up dropping 1200, to 1500. for my
    bike. Good mountainbike on craigslist is your
    best bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I don't want a mountainbike, I want a beach cruiser...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...