Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Waiting For Summer.

It doesn't feel like it's going to get warm anytime soon. When asked, I tell the truth, always. I love the summertime. I love feeling sticky and warm. I like how the days feel longer and the clothes needed are minimal. I love open-toe shoes. I love the concerts during the summer and the picnics at the park. I'm waiting for the summer. Waiting almost-patiently.

Yesterday, I watched a very sweet film. I, unlike some people I know, enjoy watching films that have been suggested to me. How else would I discover such great treasures? This was Billy Elliot, he's a dancer, one of those people who are that, dancers, he just knew it.

This is a multi-layered film. It tells the story of a young boy and his family. The story of how he comes into himself and realizes what he really wants. It's about what we want, what we need and what we can have.

I'll just say watch it. The music is amazing, the characters are endearing, it's sad, whimsical, funny, witty, a heart-felt portrayal of an amazing story.

Another thing, the movie opens up to Billy jumping and the background music is Cosmic Dancer performed by TRex, it's a Marc Bolan song... It's so appropriate. It stayed with me throughout the whole film... Even now.



So as I wait for the summer to hit, I say 'dance Billy, dance!'

(and so the sheep says to the horse: 'watch this one')...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you may here...