Friday, July 24, 2009

The Men I Remember

The Kid. Much younger than me. We would bake cookies as hard as rocks. Weapons. He looked at me with tender, loving eyes. I told him to come back another day. One day, I left. Never looked back.


The First One. I loved him. He loved me. We would see each other at every possibility. We never underestimated what could be done on the moments we were alone. We were incredibly creative. Naive and careless love accompanied by laughter and awe. We grew up. The End.


The Musician. I wanted to be in love with him. He wrote a song, maybe two, I suspect that the song where he pains about the bitch that ruined things is for me. Hot and steamy, that’s how I remember things. No sentiment. He was for me, just passing by.


The Soul Mate. Everything about him made sense. He loves me. Perhaps more than I will ever love. Perhaps he doesn’t love me. At this point, isn’t love an illusion? No room for compromise. We move along. And yes, too bad, it could have been good.


Everything else is a blur.


The future should be clear. For now, no men for the record.


*Currently listening to Big Screen, Pictures and Sound*

5 comments:

  1. Well here is hoping that your next encounter with my half of the species is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever a comment is left here, I get an email notification through email. So even when deleted by the author, I still get a chance to read it.

    The Soul Mate was no creep, in fact, he's a wonderful, thoughtful, considerate, highly intelligent, tall, dark and handsome man who just happened to want and need a different set of wants and needs from mine. We parted ways after many years of loving eachother. I will always love him, I will always respect him, I will always wish nothing but the best for him. That's more I can say for any other man, definitely more, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...