Monday, December 21, 2009

La Mia Es Bella.

I never really think of Colombia too much. I think it may have to do with the fact that I can't really call one place home. I am Colombian, but the world, at its large, has been my home always. The longest I've stayed in one place has been now, Los Angeles, but my blood still runs Colombian, ardiente.

There are things that I miss from time to time, like buying chuntaduros while waiting at a stop light and Sundays of 'refajo y asadito al la'o de la piscina'... I miss the camaraderie and closeness you have with people and the festive joy of being alive.

Here, in America, I've noticed that much is taken for granted and making yourself happy is the only way to carry on. I make myself happy. In that, I have been successful.

So back to Colombia... Around this time is the best time to be in Cali... La Feria is about to start, there's this electricity in the air and music in every corner. The street vendors are preparing for the thousands that go party in the city and everything is a celebration...

I miss mi Cali bella... Next year, I'll be Cali-bound!


Cali, Colombia - En la noche.

*Currently listening to Growing Pains by La Roux*

1 comment:

Say what you may here...