Monday, March 1, 2010

Once Upon A Time In A Motel Room

I remember one time I was sick and I called him to tell him I had a bad cold. We had plans for that night. We always had plans. He asked what I wanted to do about it. I told him I wanted to disappear from the world and just sleep. He said he'd pick me up in an hour, to pack an over-night bag.

Upon picking me up, he asked if I really wanted to disappear from the world. I said yes, at least for a day or two. He asked for my cellphone, turned it off and said he'd give it back eventually. I didn't say a word.

We checked in to some random hotel somewhere. A place I've never seen again. I remember the room had a tacky hot tub in the middle of it and we couldn't stop laughing. We joked how it would have been perfect if I hadn't been so sick.

I got in bed, he left to get food, I woke up the next morning and he was by my side, watching sports and drinking coffee, the food he'd picked up the night before was on the table and the smell of fresh coffee marked the beginning of a new day feeling better.

He'd do things like that from time to time. And although I know we're better off apart, sometimes, when I remember these awesome little moments, the little things that say so much, I miss him, from the bottom of my heart.



Side-note: I've been diagnosed with Bronchitis and Laryngitis. I know it's nothing major, nothing that I couple of days of rest and antibiotics wont cure. I'll check in tomorrow. I'm lucky, I will still be alive.

*Currently listening to Window Seat by Erykah Badu*

4 comments:

  1. I remember this really great little story someone told me about her honeymoon, and a hotel room.

    She opened the door and they were waiting for her - one of them holding a silver hypodermic needle. She tried to scream.

    But her new husband held his hand over her mouth and forced her into the room.

    Happy Marriages. A specialty.
    :)

    -=-

    Now as to the content of your post... it is most definitely a sign you love him.

    For god's sake, thinkerme don't go into analysis paralysis. This is one guy you need to get back into your life. Guys like these are not easy to find.

    My recommendation is to get him, and collar him. Then tie these kneepads on him that have mop-sides on the other side and make him crawl around on the floor and shine your floors.

    And then spank him if he does well. He'll love you for it.

    Trust me on this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thats so sweet. ImA do that for myself. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turner: I'm always going to love him. There's no questioning that. We're just not a good pair. I'm over it! I know you think you have a point. I'm sure you also know I have one as well.

    Vince: :) Do it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure everything is pointless.

    However, I might suggest that one shouldn't be too sure to think that I think I have a point especially when you're thinking that I am thinking and your name is thinker +me+
    and not +think you think+ me.

    I think I got that right..

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...