Sunday, March 28, 2010

You've Cheated? I've Cheated.

I was asked why I think people cheat today.

I can't respond for everyone. I only know why I did: I cheated because I was unhappy.

I cheated on boyfriend number 2 because he thought of me as a trophy. He worked too much, he socialized with his buddies too much, he patronized me too much, we didn't have enough sex. I was his weekend, shiny trophy, the perfect accessory for social functions with business connections, family and his less fortunate (in regards to women) friends. For about 6 months, I had hot, mind-blowing, connectionless sex with a young, perfectly toned, funny guy whom I suspected to have a girlfriend, we'd hook-up at random times, for as long as the lust would last, no tender kisses, no dinner dates, just sex, hot flaming sex, like spin class, hot, fast, furious and you're done.

Eventually I realized I didn't need the safety net boyfriend number 2 provided, and after an argument about his hot tub, I stormed out of his expensive home, out of his expensive lifestyle and out of his expensive life.

I cheated on boyfriend number 3 because he was too busy doing drugs to pay attention to me, to us, to anything different from the next fix. At first, I didn't know he used. He was wonderful. Eventually I caught on, the highs were fantastic but the lows were mortifying. It shattered my faith in him and my ego, he didn't want me and I thought it was me. It turned out to be he didn't want anything. His life was empty. I had a couple of casual flings, semi sentimental, purely physical, completely empty, just like him, just like us.

Eventually, I gathered the strength to move on. To leave him, to embrace the fact that I couldn't help him if he didn't want to help himself and allow myself to accept that I wanted something better and it wasn't an act of selfishness but cheating was and I couldn't do it anymore. I erased him slowly, but when everything was all gone, I never looked back.

I never cheated on boyfriend number 4. I loved him too much. Cheating is for people who don't care. For those who are too scared to move on without a security blanked. For those who can't deal with monotony and need the extra attention. For those who don't know how to break free. And when you're aware of this, and if you care, there will be no cheating...

There's always an option: To be honest and make a choice. Sounds so easy... In reality, it isn't, but sometimes, the best things don't come easy... And today, when people say they are appalled by cheaters, and I know they've cheated themselves, I can't stop myself from laughing. I pity these people, it's hysterical. And really, I am appalled because I know the truth, there's always an option, even if it's not an easy one.



PS: They never found out, and now, it would be too late for anyone to care...

*Currently listening to a Drake Vs. Sub Focus, a mash up*

1 comment:

  1. I guess its kind of whether or not you're actually hurting someone. Isn't it?

    * shrug *

    The person above obviously hurt someone and
    his car paid the price.

    Since I am, in fact, cheating on my SO with a car - this becomes an interesting problem. Many women accept and can allow a man to have a relationship with his car.

    A personal relationship. In which, I sometimes bring her nice things. and I talk to her.


    Its pretty obvious that I don't have enough to do.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...