Monday, July 19, 2010

One Step At A Time

I guess it all starts with knowing what you want. Half of the time I don't really know what it is, but I do know my life needs a change.

I want to travel. I want to go to New York and Chicago and Boston and New Orleans and Seattle. I want to visit Costa Rica and Argentina and Cuba. I want to spend a month in Europe, hopping between countries, staying at small hotels, eating everywhere, smiling a lot. I want to go to Thailand, and Japan, and Australia...

I want to move to New York. I love Los Angeles but I think I need a change. I need to walk the streets of Manhattan and surround myself by the hundreds of people that walk such streets every day.

I want an apartment in Miami, I want an apartment in New York and I want to spend a month in Colombia during the holidays every year.

I want BluShoppe to become something already. I have neglected BluShoppe and it was my baby. I need to get back on track.

I want to own a Cafe and a Boutique and in the office I'll run all my BluShoppe affairs. I'll work hard and be so happy to see that my businesses are successful and I've done it for myself.

I want to buy a new beach cruiser and go to the beach to ride my bike every weekend like I used to do. My ipod, my bike, the ocean breeze and me.

I want to be in a happy relationship. I do want a partner. I want someone who will adore me. I want someone who will listen and who will always be honest. He will love my pets but not have any of his own, he must love music, he must love food and exploring new things and traveling and he will be dedicated and positive and healthy and handsome...

I'm working on this list of what I want... I want to be blissfully happy.

 
I'm going on vacation... :)


*Currently listening to Intuition by Feist*

4 comments:

  1. I love you woman, more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your pets is easy. I really like sancocho. Its so tasty. I would definitely be able to love your pet, and there's no way mine would be loved the same.

    The hard part is how hard, are you willing to work at everything else. The obvious answer for blueShoppe is to spin it up, write a business plan - and then project your annual revenues out.

    Try this: get Blushoppe on the mend, and working right - let it be on an increasing revenue arc. Incorporate it (if its not already), and then write out your business plan, and revenue projections.

    Next, farm out some good people and hire them into BluShoppe and it will generally grow even faster. Then sell the company. The average price you'll get is about 2, to 4 times annual revenue. But since you're spinning up revenue, you can estimate on the high side, and get a good price.

    Don't be like the person who has to work there every day to make everything happen. Don't be the one person there whom the business can't do without. Make bluShoppe almost a franchise. Then, yeah, sell it. If it goes somewhere after that, you'll have the satisfaction of seeing it grow. But bluShoppe is not a baby its a teenager and it needs more than just a weekly allowance - it needs a car, a real job, and freedom from you so that it can grow. You are the one that knocked it down. And its a good thing, really - because you can be the one to bring it back up and put it on the rise. Good way to sell a business.


    Let's see.. apartment in three different cities? Stupid way to go. You'll pay rent all that time and get no benefit. You also don't want to live out of a hotel. My offer here is to become a hippie. Live in a tent. Why are you travelling to places where there are all these people? Go someplace where you can live for free. Live near the beach, out of your car - like Garrett Lisi.

    Or something like that. Hippies were good at sacking out with friends. It's much easier to be there to help someone else pay their rent for a while, and set up shop at their place for a while - then move on - than it is to blow all your money buying three worthless places at a time when the bottom of the commercial real estate market hasn't yet fallen out and the next real estate shoe hasn't dropped (largest decrease in new home sales in the history of the recorded index - may 2010)

    Which is not to say, its not a good time to buy real estate. Just make sure you buy something , and rent it to someone else besides yourself.

    Ok. Last piece of advice. Take your list, fill it out. Describe in detail your ideal , happy, blissful partner. Then throw it in the trash.

    Nobody is perfect. Except our lord Jesus Christ, who, if he were alive today, would probably have some pretty wicked Tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cIHFPrrtPk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. the crazy thai food addicted midgetAugust 11, 2010 at 3:32 AM

    ugh, yuck...sounds like a classic Return Of Saturn cycle - it'll eventually make you stronger and more resilient than you'll ever have believed possible! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...