Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's Your Price?

Everybody's got a price, what's yours?

So lets see... Would you eat a rotten egg for $10? Probably not. Would you do it for for $100? Maybe. How about $1000? Yeah, I know you're thinking about it... This is basic 'take what you can get' mathematics. You need something, you may be offered a possibility, you have a price. Of course there are morally limiting factors. I wouldn't commit murder for a price, I may do it for another person's life. If I had to.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson - I heard someone saying that the insanity surrounding the last couple of decades of his life were merely a publicity stunt. If so, wow, what a price to pay! Then somebody else referred to him as an Omega, not the Alpha, but a demure, low-key, barely noticeable figure. This person also argues that what we'll see is that soon enough, all the bad will be forgotten and the media will go back to exemplify his first years of stardom.

I will not forget a thing. And in the great words of James Dewhirst when I asked him if he'd heard the news: "I heard, all the little boys in the world will sleep peacefully now". Amen to that!

Okay my little sweetlings... I'm of to see Lucha - VaVoom!!!

*Currently listening to 1 2 3 4, Feist - Gosh I ♥ Feist*

5 comments:

  1. The omega is never barely noticeable, omegas are the whipping boys. As noticeable as alphas.

    What happens when they pass is they become idealized. Social structures form around them to make them. Like. A saint.

    Like for example, the guy so humble he wouldnt step on an ant. Francis of assisi. Guys like that.

    What is going on with the Omega, is that the next to the last in the tribe. Really. Doesn't want to be the omega.

    So the loss of an omega is always more disruptive than the loss of an alpha.

    Latest poll out shows Jackson is 58% being remembered for his music and art. I'm referring to that kind of idealization.

    Two weeks + he will be remembered as a little boy
    (which are kind of like omegas.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designation of Alpha and Omega is one that can be made of any group. There is always a perceived top and bottom to any population, and generally its human nature to spend your time trying to redefine how the line is drawn so that you don't have to fight not to be on the bottom.

    I can't say that its always true, but I think its more true than not.

    As for being exemplified postmortem I think that again depends on perspective. Take Brando, arguably a great actor, who is now more remembered for the fact that he kept the feces of visitors to his island. It just depends on how grossly outrageous the events of your life are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alpha, Omega, blah, blah...

    I'll stick to what I know and how I feel about this.

    Every time I read that Wizard X has left a comment on my blog, I get a fuzzy feeling inside... Here's a confession: I have a small fascination with magic. When I think of you, as a wizard, I consider spells and tales of wonder. It's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof. The wizard and the thinker. Nice!
    Like Dumbledore and... ah... oh. We're
    not supposed to talk about him were we?



    Who knows. Maybe alpha vs. omega was really all about which one the chicks were going to bang in the first place.


    * grunts at ThinkerMe and pounds his chest *

    * then gives her a banana *

    * then he leaves *


    ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a nickname from back when nicknames where given not chosen of a list. Its a story (I wont say interesting), ask me next time you see me and I will be happy to bore you with the details.

    As far as the Alpha and the Omega (oops, wrong blog)... :)

    I would pound my chest as well but then it jiggles like Buddha.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...