Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stay There, Everything Is The Same

I didn’t think he was handsome. I had seen him maybe a couple of times before. He seemed nice, in a way where ‘good afternoons’ and ‘how are yous’ are properly included in a conversation. I didn’t know much about him.

I must have been starved for attention. I had been alone too long. Alone by choice and unaware of my needs. I took him up on his offerings. Of all the offers...

In the morning, he laid in bed sleeping, his lips slightly parted and his body limp, a surrender to slumber. We had a long night. No love-making, you don’t make love to strangers and the technicalities weren’t there. Various forms of playfulness and pleasure, we’d been up ‘till very late. He looked different to me. In what way, I’m still not sure.

I left that space and carried on. Nothing changes; he’s not the one that will make a difference. Handsome? Yes, very handsome.

*Currently listening to I Want More by Can+

4 comments:

  1. handsome. 3rd definition. 'easily manipulated'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever figure out what way he looked different? You have had some time to think about it, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had time to think about it, I haven't figured it out and somehow I don't think it matters.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...