Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He Names His Car After Me.

And writes pretty poems that are not about me.

But worth sharing anyway...

Why I Read Poems

For Flowers

The silk soft black hair
suprised me
its touch to my hand
and the feel of your skin
You felt right to me

Your dark coat flutters in the wind
your soft bed we shared in my dream
William Blake measuring the universe
The point of the compass against my skin

I really can't say I am trying to remember you
but it was something about what I was like with you
and how I felt complete
even as pieces of me fell away
spinning into the dark

These pieces
small like diamond sparks
shine

One day
I will feel her skin
And its touch will remind me
of silk
and darkness
and light from darkness
exploding behind my eyes
into my heart

by turnerBroadcasting



*Currently listening to Luz Azul by Aterciopelados*

4 comments:

  1. Ok. The kids named the car. And Lamb is short for 'Lambika' ... its a white car and it feels soft.

    And as for the poem? It was partly about you. Sometimes. When we listen to, or read poetry - we feel alive.

    Lets just say thats something that you would be able to do with me - would that you were here.

    But you are not.
    I am alone. And horny.
    And I have a free weekend.

    And running 30 miles in the dark isn't going to make it all go away this time I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thank you for the repost. The poem was about how I felt listening to Garrison Keillor and the writer's almanac while I was driving lambika down the road to a training class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think the car was named after me. That's what I want to believe. Just let me be :)

    Te quiero caballo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...