Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Trying Not To Grieve Prematurely

He met her at a shooting gallery
Like everything about him
His timing was bad
And she'd just won
The fourth largest
Movie-inspired plush porcupine

I was enchanted by the possibilities. Every time we'd be together there was some kind of magic. I stuck around because he fascinates me. And when he smiles and kisses me, everything disappears and the world becomes an iridescent disco ball.

I told him I needed to leave, but I don't really want to go. And I can't stop the tears. And I can't stop thinking I wont have him at all.

Oh but what am I to do, my mind is in a whirlpool.
Give me a little hope, one small thing to cling to.
You got me going in circles, oh round and round I go.

When does the sorrow stop? How do I move on? How do I pick myself on and keep on moving when it feels like there's nothing left in me?

Last week my life had meaning
It was beautiful and so sweet
But now it's nothing, nothing without you baby
My whole world is incomplete.


*Currently listening to Am I The Same Girl by Barbara Acklin*

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to rejoice in your pain but you becoming single is a good thing for me to hear. He's a fool if he doesn't fight back to keep you. I would fight, in fact, I'm still fighting and I have never had you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nenita, I'm not going to say I told you so. Let's have dinner soon. Tu me lo prometiste and now you don't have to get permission. Dale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an ever rollin' wheel, without a destination real....

    I'm an ever spinning top, whirling around till I drop....

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...