Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There Is No Keeping It Together

I can't shake off the sadness. I have repeatedly told myself not to be sad. I said I'd refuse to be sad. I want to pull through this in a smooth, silky-like movement... I guess it doesn't work out that way.

I just don't understand.

I was once told I'm naive. I must be. I believed it would work out.

Can somebody please explain to me why it didn't? I just don't get it.

I don't get it at all. All I wanted was him and now all I want is for all this pain to go away. I want to stop crying. I want to move on. I want to be appreciated. I want to be loved like I love him. I want it to be over, all of it, this that I feel for him, the confusion, the questions.

What I had to offer didn't fill up his cup but my cup was full anyway. Now it's all empty. Everything feels empty.

If I could just sleep through it, if I could just understand, if I could just go back in time...



*Currently listening to They Won't Find Tears On Our Bodies by Dance At The Post Office*

4 comments:

  1. I think thats a really cool picture.

    Was just curious. Trying not to work on a late night.

    Hope you've gotten over this guy whoever he is.
    Or was it a she..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PE5NBsMUY&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't... And it's a guy... Good song.

    Thank you caballo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember one time you told me that falling in love was like a tragic story... I finally understand...

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...