Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Take Me. Away.

I lose myself in books and movies, especially when I need to leave my current reality and be taken away to a different realm. That's not always the reason for books and films but it's always been my escape, when I've needed one.

I watched 'I've loved you so long' last night. I cried. I loved it!

I think my Father would have liked Los Angeles, and like me, I think he would have appreciated the desert but he would have wanted to go back to the city as soon as possible. I think he would have been fascinated by my driving skills and not petrified like most of the people who have been my passengers. We would have had fun listening to many records and watching many films. He would have been my partner in crime at discovering new eateries and discussing alternate life forms... I think of him. It's bittersweet. I would have liked to have so much more of him and I want to curse him for ever leaving us, for leaving my Mother, my sister, ME, his favorite. Gone somewhere far, gone to die alone. Here would have been better than that.

Silver poodles, apple pies and roses. The roses are dead.

I want to revive My Life As A Princess, maybe.

*Currently listening to Girl from Ipanema, Astrud Gilberto*

3 comments:

  1. hold it. YOU were the one who wrote "my life as a princess"

    no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. My Life as a Princess is mine. I wrote it. Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across that blog a couple of years ago and it intrigued me. I remember polka dots.. for some reason?

    I think I was looking for Princess Sparkle Pony which was a smartassed friend of a friend that lived in DC...

    At or around that time I used to read Mist1
    (mustgethobby.blogspot.com) and another blog in DC and a few others ...

    I think I happened across it and I remembered it.
    Polka dots? Something like that.

    I can't relate to life as a princess. At least not without special clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...