Sunday, July 5, 2009

That's The Way...

I like it.

3 super cool events in one week. I do have a very fun life.

Lucha VaVoom was a lot of fun. I screamed my lungs out, my favorite wrestlers are 'los gallos', called by the very Anglo commenter: the chickens. Should be the roosters. Oh well. Then there was Cirque Bizerk. I told R.C. we should quit our jobs and join the circus. This was AMAZING. It's like Rocky Horror Picture show meets Cirque du Soliele on acid. It was mesmerizing, cheeky, dark, twisted and extremely entertaining. I caught a glimpse of Dave's face a couple of times, he's mouth was sort of wide open... And last but not least, Quatro de Awesomeness... This was insane! Human firecrackers, live food platters, my lovely R.C. as Wonder Woman and lube wrestling... Music, drinks, art, badass people and me. It was the most awesome of all the awesomes, now I feel like I may need a full day of just sleep... But no, I'm in no way complaining...

Time For An Anouncement - Collaboration Tuesdays (July 7th, 7pm)

Started in the Brewery Arts Complex 2006, the Collaboration Project brings together people looking to exchange thoughts, bounce ideas around, organize projects, and network with others looking to do more than just transmute oxygen. We bring together artists, entrepreneurs, business professionals, scientists, filmmakers, tech types, promoters, musicians, financiers, worker bees, and creative sorts of all variety. From this wide mix of talent, skills, and experience people can let their ideas blossom.

This Tuesday (July 7th) will be a Collab film festival, so for all you film types, this is your night. Because our last film festival night was so packed full of collaborators, we're opening up the third floor lounge to have a special screening. We have a great line-up of shorts and videos to share, discuss, and critique.

We'll have break away periods and a chance for everyone to meet and find collaborators. Adam will be up in the 3rd floor lounge screening some special movies. We might still have room to fit in a short or two in the downstairs theater, so please bring along something you'd like to screen and look for me and David to be put on the schedule.

And then there will be me- knowing nothing about film- collaborating with anyone who also isn't interested in film. So even if film isn't your forte, stop by to talk with me. We can design soap box derby racers and talk about ninjas and plot misdeeds.

- Kevin (Collaboration Project)

So peeps, I'll be there. Collaboration has become one of my favorite L.A. networking movements for the creative mind, even if you're not too creative, like me. If you have any questions, contact Kevin through the link above or just let me know.

Besos and a treat...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week. Definitely more going on in your neck of the woods than here.

    Housework and hiding in my cave from the sun...

    Did get a new grill though so that definitely brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you should pack your bags and come visit!

    I'll give you the grand tour and maybe you'll be enticed enough to move to La-La-Land...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, way to many people for me.

    I like something like 1 person per square acre, thats about the perfect density of primate for me.

    But, you are correct I should at least come visit someday.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...