Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not Kidding Around.

I played with a child the other day. I think it was on Thursday. We sat at her grand piano and she played some tunes for me, I played some for her. We giggled at our mistakes and she tickled me when I was doing very, very well. She wanted to be the best. She is.

I admire the simplicity that children carry with them. At what point do we lose ourselves? I wouldn't want the drama that comes with being a teenager. I like what I know now. But at what price?

I've been told I'm an over-grown child at times. I'm not really over-grown, I'm barely 5 foot 3. Well, children don't have the breasts I do. I guess that's probably what it is. But yeah, I do like to just indulge in the more simpler things. I like to play games and laugh for no reason. I think everything is good enough, could be better, but definitely could be much worst. I'm just very blessed. It is simple.

Americans are children. In many ways. They believe they are protected, that nothing will ever happen to them. Look at 9/11, oh the shock! It is simple. And when things are a bit on the down side, it's a tragedy. 'Oh, the economy', well try living in a town with no drinking water or schools for your children. Americans are spoiled little brats. Children indeed.

Happy 4th to America. I'll leave the politics (and religion) for the truly jaded. Let's think of what made us happy as children and make it a stupendous place for the adults we are today.

Besos.

*Currently listening to Amara snore, it's her nap time*

2 comments:

  1. America is a young country, and pretty apolitical but not comprised of kids.

    I think we're the beta-testers of the world. I actually agree with the thought here.. we have a lot of transition before us, but we were the ones that went through alot of stuff trying out different models of society, government, etc.

    Its still an experiment. In my view, latin american women could probably have a positive effect. You never know. Butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad today I don't get arrested for blowing things up.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...