Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tough Love.

I heard your voice before I ever spoke to you. I know your eyes and I've never looked into them.

I keep hearing it. That love is supposed to hurt. That love hurts so much. That's not LOVE.

Perhaps you're just a masochist.
Perhaps you're floating on with the rest of the people who were once hurt or stepped all over and automatically assumed 'hey, maybe this is the way it's supposed to be'.

It's not supposed to hurt. It's supposed to feel very, very good. Stop, re-evaluate. Go back to the beginning.

Do you realize?
I'll offer some answers... You do know what you want. You do know what you need. You do know what you lack. It doesn't need to be what you now think it should be. It's okay. Everything will be alright.

And now, a little kiss..



*PS: And yeah, I played 'might tell you tonight' (Scissor Sisters) in my car, over and over again, most of the day today. Until...

2 comments:

  1. fun song to drive really, really fast. I had a 12 cylinder once - used to tear down the road at 225 mph.

    the exception: if you ever try to amp a trip up to an average speed over 200 mph you end up eventually listening to beethoven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to know you better. I like it when you stay very quiet, mute, after you've heard something you don't have an answer for. Like when I told you something that was very important. Silence on the line. You little girl. Don't be scared.

    I'll hit landoflala tomorrow. Lunch?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...