Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Melting. Just A Little Bit.

Last Night, after being out with one of my best friends and arriving to an empty home, I had a little bit of a melt down.

I’m soon going to turn 30. I’ve pushed the one man who loved me unconditionally away from me. I run from commitment. I’m scared of vulnerabilities. I’m inadequate when it comes to feeling. I’m practical and non-conventional when it comes to love affairs. I’m every man’s dream when it comes to a woman to have a fling with, but at the end of the day, I’m alone.

I have great people around me. I have friends, real friends. There's love coming my way. I have a fun, interesting life. I have a career, I have a job, I have good health and I have a caring, fulfilling family... I even have a cute pet to go with all of it... Somehow last night, it wasn't enough.

I felt the loneliness last night. I felt it and I melted, just a little bit.


San Andres, Colombia - Where I'd love to be right now.


*Currently listening to No One’s Gonna Love You by Band of Horses*

7 comments:

  1. I really think Amara should start having welcome home parties for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a shiver went up my spine when I read this. for some strange reason I spent most of the morning looking for jobs in the carribean... and I found one and the fucker pays 70k.

    think I am going to throw my name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets run away together Turner. Really. Lets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stubborn. Run away with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the kind of guy that actually gets the 70k a year job in the carribean. I know this because I just finished a 70k job .. in the carribean.

    What do you think of Puerto Rico, Chica?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...