Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time To Quit.

I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. I think it’s bullshit to wait for a year to be over to do something that you probably should get on immediately. No resolutions for me. I’m keeping it real.

I would like to stop smoking. I’ve never committed to it because I knew I wasn’t ready. I’m ready now. I can feel it. I have a pack with me; it has about 4 cigarettes left. Trial time, will I want to smoke those?

Quitting is important. Smoking isn’t the only thing I should quit.

'Cover the path to the heart
Don’t let those footholds start
And don’t let no one in
Cause they never got you and you never got them'.
-They Never Got You, Spoon.

*Currently listening to Bernadette by The Four Tops*

5 comments:

  1. my dad chewed gum . he smoked ever since he was 15 years old. you might want to try that.

    you might go through the DT's ... I heard quitting smoking isn't easy. but it will make you look younger, I heard. idk. I smoke a pack a year, or maybe every two years. I'm pretty religious about smoking every like. six months or so? i haven't smoked since august but to give you an idea, I will probably light up somewhere around march - i wouldn't smoke to celebrate new years or something but I might light up if I won the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoking is a filthy habit....good for you for deciding to finally give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think smoking has its place. for example, if someone tells you to stop, you should light up and then exhale while you talk - so they know you're smoking while you're talking to them.


    the good thing about the scene is, of course, the other person is on the phone, and not having to sit there and huff second hand smoke.

    If she wants to smoke. oy vey. let her smoke.
    But if she wants to quit... now that is something...

    quitting, isn't easy. addiction. thats easy. but quitting. not easy at all.


    maseltov.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I like anonymous comments... I like to know who reads this...

    Turner: Quitting isn't easy, that's for sure. The hardest thing I've had to quit was this horse I really liked. It wasn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a bit disappointed you cant tell...sigh

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...