Monday, January 4, 2010

One More. Gone.

I received the news just some minutes ago. He passed away on Saturday after a couple of years of battling cancer. He was so strong in his fight. He was so positive in his demeanor, he was happy, he was grateful, he was strongly holding on, he was a role model. He leaves a daughter and a loving wife behind. He leaves friends. He leaves people with beautiful memories to hold dearly.

He was my father's friend. He was a good friend. One of the few who were with him until the very end. I remember their conversations and the casual bantering of lifelong friendship. I remember when his family and ours used to go to the country home on weekends and they'd drink and tell jokes while the kids played in the open fields. I remember his warm smile.

Having him around was a memory of my father, so I'm selfish, I will now mourn him not only for him, but because that little part of my father, left behind in him, is now gone for me too.

We will move along, those of us left behind, it's always alright the next day...

1 comment:

Say what you may here...