Monday, April 19, 2010

Coachella 2010 & Me.

I'm going to have to break this post up in two, you'll see why...


PART ONE

I ain't happy,
I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless but
Not for long
The future is coming on.

-Gorillaz


Coachella was amazing. That will be the first part to this post. There's nothing in this world I like more than music and food and Coachella was a music overload. Seeing performers and bands that I love plus discovering new ones was a positively fantastic experience. Next year, I hope to be able to go again, it will be year 3 for me... Fantastical!

The days that follow will most likely be filled with naps and getting a lot of the great new music I discovered into my itunes. It's like homework, but the fun kind.

My favorite performances were definitely Aterciopelados, it was incredible to see a band from my country performing in front of thousands of people and rocking out as if they were hanging out in their back yard. The XX was also amazing. I caught Little Boots for a second time and she rocked my world again and B.o.B. and Tiesto surprised me with their talent and awesomeness. Then comes The Gorillaz, and I'm speechless, no words, I thought it would be so overrated but no, no, no... Amazing!



PART TWO

I wrote this while still being at the festival. It came to my mind and I had to get it down...

As he stands next to me to see one of the performers I wanted to see the most this one song plays and I believe it's going to be inevitable. The weekend with him hasn't been as easy as I expected it to be. He's hot and then he's cold. He's there and then he's not. He's not mine, I'm borrowing him.

Everyone has a breaking point and I can see the end is near, coming up right after the next corner, I'm just not sure how long this block is...

*Currently listening to Meddle by Little Boots*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you may here...