Thursday, May 13, 2010

Random. Like It Should Be.

Old Love

There are different types of love. Like the love you feel for your Mother, the way you love your friends, the way you love your partner, the love or love-like sensation you feel for a lover… I used to feel thankful for the love that was given to me, I was aware that I didn’t love back the same way and felt fortunate to be cared for in that way. He never cared; he just wanted me near… I heard a song today that immediately reminded me of that… Distant memories.

My Liberty

I was speaking to a new friend about things that we usually do. We are the same age, yet his life is completely different from mine. He’s a family man and his weekends involve little league and cheer practice. My weekends involve sleeping in, parties and happy hour. His priorities are his wife and his children, my priorities are Amara and me. Amara doesn’t require much from me.

I love being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I love it. I think this is part of the reason why I doubt I will ever want to be a mother, it would involve loving someone else more than I love myself. I’m not even sure that I’m capable of that. .. Then again, I once thought I’d never be capable of being in love and I fell in love, so who knows.

Let the Music Move You

V.V. Brown. - My bestie said I’d be blown away. He was wondering why I wasn’t excited about seeing her at The Troubadour last night, when we were on our way to the show. I really wasn’t expecting much. She sounds okay on her album and her videos are pretty cool looking but I wasn’t sure she’d have stage presence. It was an electrifying, sweet surprise. Not only was she fantastic, with strong, resonating vocals and charming retro moves, but her band was enthralling and so involved. It wasn’t just a vocalist and her band; they looked like a family partying on stage, they were simply AMAZING!

Blown away? Completely! I want to see her live again. Hell yeah. Again and again!

Pay Attention

I'm convinced that certain things only happen to me. The other morning, I ran into a wall. I've also fallen multiple times in my life for no apparent reason, I bump into things all the time, and one time, I stood in front of an automatic door for a couple of minutes wondering why it wouldn't open when the store hours were right and there was people inside, when I was about to leave, I noticed the big red side above me that reads 'EXIT ONLY'.

Maybe I do need to pay more attention...

But one thing is for certain, all these things that happen to me make for good stories later.



*Currently listening to Che Che Cole by Hector Lavoe & Willie Colon*

1 comment:

Say what you may here...