Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Flirt With You Baby

I always thought it was very normal. It feels normal to me. I never questioned it growing up, it was never a problem and it was never brought up to me in any way until recently, in my adulthood...

Apparently, I'm a flirt.

It was a big issue with the ex; every once in a while, a random person will awkwardly ask me if I am flirting with them and it has been brought to my attention that the way I interact with some people, whether it be in person, on the phone or on my comments here or on online social network sites (i.e. facebook) is flirtatious to say the least.

It's just the way I am.

Every once in a while, when a random person gathers the nerve to ask if I'm hitting on them, my reaction tends to be always the same: Surprise, mostly because I'm not even aware that my behavior might have been flirtatious, mostly because I often don't find that person attractive, mostly because this is just me and no offense, I probably think you're great, just not that way.

I am blunt, I love most of the people around me, I have no qualms about being enthusiastic towards anyone who makes me happy and if I say sweetie, darling, gorgeous, kisses, besitos or anything else, it doesn't mean I'm inviting you in my bed, it means I like you, feel special.

For the most part, and ironically, those who actually do call to my heart or those who I find myself attracted to are the ones with whom I am cold with. In those cases, it is harder for me to let go and just be the warm, sweet me.

For a long time, when it was brought up to me the first couple of times, I thought it may be a cultural thing. Colombians are very warm, we call each other love or honey or mi cielo, we kiss on the cheek to say hi and bye, we hug generously and we like to tell people we love them when they are important in our lives.

Now, I think it probably is and it isn't, but heck, I love it... I love flirting when I'm doing it on purpose, which does happen too ;)

So, am I a flirt? Yes, most likely. I'm okay with it, now lets move along...



Unrelated but I love it


*Currently listening to Shame For You by Lily Allen*

8 comments:

  1. I am a southern boy. Please answer this question carefully. If you would. Are you flirting with me?

    Since you're from LA I've included a helpful video clip to help you understand this question.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ijc-P5nhc

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you write this because of what we talked about the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous: First, I hate anonymous comments, but oh well, I know who you are. Answer: Partially because of what we talked about the other day. There are other reasons too.

    Turner: I love you too. The best thing about it is that I know you mean it. Hope you know I mean it too. Para siempre, remember? :) Go run around with your peeps now... Run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peeps ride their bikes. Thats the only way they're gonna keep up.

    I just put 500 thread count egyptian cotton sheets on a big four poster bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Majuli, you are a flirt. And I'm sorry to say but sometimes it is hard to tell whether you are doing it on purpose or just because it is the way that you are. I remember when I first met you and this was so hard for me to tell. The difference.

    Some men like me will want it to be real. You have to be careful chiquita.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...