Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Story of Totoro

I've been talking about wanting a puppy... I told the boyfriend to get one, to get one so I could visit the puppy at all times and love the puppy like I love him, like I love my baby, like I love my family.

Yesterday, my sister sends me a text message saying she'd met a guy who wants to get rid of his dog. This is a cute little mini dog. The cutest thing. I immediately told her we should keep him. The boyfriend said it was probably not a good idea, my sister carried on with her work day and the thought was put on hold. At midnight, I was at the boyfriend's when I received a frantic call from my sister; the guy who was dog-sitting for the doggy, had dropped him off at some guy's apartment and the owner was out of town and not really concerned. The dog owner said he was considering to just get rid of the dog altogether... Pretty much, to make a long, sad story short, the guy told my sister to go get the dog or it would be left out on the street...

My sister wanted my advice on what to do, and although my first instinct was to tell her to go get the dog, the story sounded shady and I was concerned for her safety so I told her to call Animal Control or the local authorities and wait 'till the morning. An hour later I called my sister again, she was crying hysterically and I thought something had gone terribly wrong. It turned out to be she decided to take no chances and go see where the dog was at, when she arrived at the address given to her, she found the pup, tied to a light pole, shivering, crying out on the street. She picked him up and needless to say, we now have a new member in our family.

Totoro Fluferina González will be loved by three Moms, will now have 2 homes and will have plenty of love and care to fill him up for all his life. I'm proud of my sister, against all advice and following her gut, she did something amazing. I'm proud to call her my sister and words can not express how happy I feel for the way everything played out. Totoro will be happy and we're happy to have him.

Hurray for love and for people as good hearted as my sis. I'm truly lucky to have such greatness in my life!


*Currently listening to Hello, Good Night by The Aquabats*

2 comments:

  1. wow man, the boyfriend huh? wow.

    someone should warn him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave for a month and you have a boyfriend and a puppy? Two dogs in your life woman!

    I'll be in Cali in couple of weeks. Can't wait to give you a big smooch and meet your puppy. Chiquita banana you batter make time for me!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...