Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Just How It Is.

On my 30th birthday, I gifted myself with quitting cigarettes. It’s been a week and I haven’t missed it. I keep thinking I’ll feel the cravings at any given moment but they haven’t yet come. I guess some things are meant to be.

On the other hand, I’ve found myself missing something I never had to begin with. Why do I miss him? In my logical mind, it just doesn’t make sense. But then again, I wanted it to be… But I guess some things are not meant to be.

My life will change today and I am prepared for whatever may come. Whatever is of no use will have to go, maybe not immediately, for I’m not that strong, but it will definitely happen and in the meantime, those who do want to be of use, get closer and closer… I feel like I’m ready to accept all the good.

Goodness isn’t a reward, it is simply what I deserve.



*Currently listening to Islands by The XX*

5 comments:

  1. I am going to do my first ever post Secret today on my blog when I get back to the office where I have the image stored.

    Thinker I am totally stoked that you chose to quit smoking. I hope you join my happy world of one or seven cigarettes a year. I will smoke one with you.

    But you'd better keep your nose clean for a while, its a real addiction and you went out through the top. Gratz!

    Watch for my post secret today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kid you not. I am dead serious. I posted this stoke message about how you quit smoking and the verification word was a graphic that spelled out the word "BUTZL"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your life changed in a great way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. D: My life did take an interesting turn. And for the record, I've been pretty happy these last few days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you may here...